What’s the UTC of cctv cameras?
Nowadays, video surveillance cameras are widely used to protect and monitor residential and commercial,
But vast majority of security cameras are installed either on the ceiling or wall where it’s not easy to access for preventing vandalism.
Therefore this lead to repairing, testing, adjusting of cameras become inconvenient to users.
For solving this inconvenience, one of Chinese companies invented new technology-UTC. UTC is the new technology enables user to remotely set the OSD (On screen display) menu for analogue security cameras.
While the UTC controller approach was very useful it still required messing with the cables on active systems for the purpose of maintenance or repairs and that’s why the UTC technology was integrated into the DVRs to make things easier.
Up the coaxial technology on DVRs simplifies access to the cameras without the need of additional wiring.
It is all done via the DVR’s menu, giving you full control of each camera and providing easy access to OSD (On screen display) menu and other features on newer generation of cameras such as the AHD, TVI and CVI technologies.
While most newer released systems are UTC compatible, not all the cameras nor all the DVRs have UTC control capabilities.
All newest models including the AHD, FHD and SHD models are UTC compatible. NVR models do not need UTC because they use digital technology and cameras can be controlled directly with the Cat5 connection.
Introduction to UTC
“UTC” is the abbreviation of Up The Coax, “UTC” is new technology adopted in analogue video surveillance system. The UTC can allow user to remotely set the camera’s OSD through its UTC integrated circuit (IC).
Most important, to adopt the UTC technology, it doesn’t require to change the original circuit design of CCTV cameras, therefore UTC is built-in the coaxial cable, the control signal will transmit through the coaxial cable.
The advantage of UTC camera
Apparently, the UTC (Up The Coax) technology can save installation and testing time, eliminate the hassle maintenance, this allows user to make changes to the camera settings without having to access the camera directly.
- Access the camera’s OSD menu remotely through the coaxial cable
- Program the outdoor camera from inside
- Access to the camera’s OSD menu from DVR without the need of additional wiring.
- Programming the cameras without the need of ladders or expensive camera testers.
- Easier way to make changes to camera for maintenance or repair purposes.
- Pan , tilt, zoom and focus your compatible cameras remotely.
- Universal protocol for different technologies including AHD, TVI, CVI and CVBS.
- Reduce the time and eliminate hassles for viewing camera’s settings
- Adjust setting without accessing the camera directly
- Affordable solution without changing original design of camera
- Only works with analogue camera with OSD (960H, over 650TVL)
Image by [burglaryalarmsystem.com]
With the UTC technology, user can do all the programming remotely over the coaxial cable.
User can simply plug in the remote controller to the coax which is connected to the camera (with OSD function), connect the video output to DVR system or a monitor, then you can access the OSD menu and adjust the settings.