These days it is common that the live view display of Hikvision DVR or IP Camera fails on most browsers.
It has become annoying when after installing it several times, it consistently fails to produce any live display or playback video.
If you are facing this kind of issue then you are in the right place because we are going to discuss a couple of solutions to work around this and achieve the correct live view.
Google chrome live view failed solution
We will be discussing how to solve the live display issue with chrome. This solution is pretty straight forward.
All you need to add on to google chrome browser.
Please search for “IE tab “ add on and add to google chrome.
Once you have added this add on you will see an e sign on the right side of the url bar.
Click on the e sign on right side of URL bar you will have an internet explorer tab opened now enter your IP of NVR or camera o have a live view of your CCTV surveillance system.
Internet explorer live view failed solution
What you have to do is search for internet explorer in the search bar of the windows and you will see internet explorer now open it and punch in the address of your DVR or camera to have live view.
The old internet explorer before edge explorer is compatible with HIkVISION plugin.
However, if the problem persists even after trying it on internet explorer what you need to do further as follows.
1. Go to internet option
2. Go to the Security tab
3. On security, select trusted site and click edit
4. Add the up of your camera or NVR and click add
5. Now go advanced tab internet options
6. Here what you need to do as enable all active x control
7. Now close the internet browser and relaunch it
8. Now load your site by entering the address of the device
9. You will have a live view of your NVR or camera device.
Changed it from TCP to UDP
1.Open up the browser.
2. Login to your device.
3. Now go to configurations.
4. Under configuration go to network and then advance setting and on-platform access unhide the access code and copy it.
5. Now go to the local setting
6. In local setting, choose UDP as protocol.
7. In the encrypted key text box, enter the access code that you copied earlier.
8. Select auto view on start to yes.
9. Now retry live view. I hope you have got the results.